Accident Insurance

The Worker's Compensation Board protects workers who lose income as a result of a work-related injury. Nunavut artists and carvers can be covered by the WCB by registering as "Independent Operators with Personal Optional Coverage."

If you are injured while working, you may be eligible for:

  • Medical aid
  • Physical rehabilitation
  • Vocational rehabilitation
  • Compensation for wage loss during any period of total temporary disability
  • Permanent disability pensions.

Should you die while at work, your dependent may be eligible for:

  • Pensions
  • Funeral expenses

You need to register with the board to be covered. You must renew your coverage each year and there is a fee.

For more information call the Iqaluit board at 1-877-404-4407 or the Rankin Inlet board at 1-877-404-8878.